Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ode to the True Forces

To the sun and the moon
I envy your strength; your power
To the tall trees that tower over me
I envy your self-preservation

This is the conversation I constantly have with myself
There is a power behind these forces that I feel can come within us
I wish I could use that power I harness, and spread it to those most in need of it
When I feel lost I look at these amazing forces within our universe
And it shows me how things are always bigger and grander
Rainy dark days come with the promise that tomorrow or next will be better...
Because we have already endured the ugly.

Have you ever been inside a persons body that you then wan to become a part of?
Like an essential organ, like a lung, that makes you absolutely essential for them to breathe?

And as you become necessary for another's breath; you realize that in turn THEY are the ones who have inserted their body in yours? And ironically, they will now always be your breath.
There is a helplessness that comes with that but in return there is a power in understanding this.

Dear all daring universe, I tell you now that I do not know much,
But what I do know is tat my heart is slowly becoming yours...

-Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment