Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Resilience

I wish you would come back to hold me in your arms as we look each other in the eyes and to look at me so intently as if the world would stop if you looked away.

I wish you would come back so that together we could try and be the better versions of ourselves with the help of each other.

I wish you would come back so that my faith in this love so real could be restored again.

I wish you would come back so I can really believe you loved me at some point.

Restore my faith in love
Restore my faith in the power above
Rescue my heart from failing
Rescue my heart from sinking
into such dark depths I know I continue to spiral into.
Free my soul from the agony that is losing you
Free me of this toll that is to only remember you
Confirm my beliefs of an epic romance
Confirm my desire for that loving glance
Praise these lips that long to kiss you
Praise this body that craves to show you how much I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment